Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ikea Closet Organization


My husband installed these shelves for my shoes today!!! Does he rock or what??
The whole closet is awesome, not only is it huge but we used commercial store fittings
to maximize our storage. In this photo you can see my glass "cubbies". These are used in store displays, like the ones you see for hair products in salons. You give the fixture store your dimentions and they sell you the glass by the peice as well as the appropriate connectors and you "build" it. We use our for tee shirts and other randonm clothes storage.
The shoe shelves are the Ikea Bjarnum shelf brackets and connectors. To save money I didnt buy the Ikea shelves,instead my DH cut and edgebanded the white melamine. Which saved a ton of cash.
As a recovered clutter bug I work very hard to purge and stay organized. My philosophy is nothing on the floor which helps the closet stay clean, so it doesnt become a dumping spot.
The opposite wall is for hanging clothes which I have a picture of in my slideshow. He hung slat wall and used store fixtures there as well.
I am pinching myself... I LOVE that man.

No comments:

Technorati Profile