Monday, May 7, 2007

How come my daughters birthday makes me feel old?































Yes, she was born on our anniversary. Just for the record that’s 12 months after we married.
It is rare that that Mike and I recognize the date as a celebration of our union, we are so busy with the childrens festivities. Although, This afternoon Mike walked in from work with a bundle of red roses in his arms. I have always had this rule about "wasting" money on roses but he broke it. And I am glad he did. For the record, I prefer presents with transmissions (5 speed, that is) to flowers. See I always figured a decade or two without flowers would earn me a sporty car, just to unburden him with guilt.
It is hard to squeeze in a proper birthday on a school day but we did a pretty good job. I took these unbelievable cupcakes to Maddie’s homeroom today. They were sprinkled with Double Stuff Mint Oreo Crumbles, mmmm.
She looks so grown. It freaked Mike and I out when we looked at her photo in the sunglasses next to mine. We look so much alike. Madison’s comment to the similarity in our appearance was something like,
“Oh, NO!” That’s my 12 year old girl.
Tonight we will celebrate our 18 years (5 dating + 13 married) with a beer maybe two, and an extreme game of truth or dare.

Happy Anniversary, Michael Dare Evans, King of all Men. I am still your biggest groupie!


1 comment:

quitedoesn'livehereanymore said...

sigh....she makes me feel so old. goodness she is beautiful and so SASSY!!! Happy birthday ms. maddie and happy anniversary to my two fav peeps. love to all of you.

Technorati Profile