Thursday, January 4, 2007

Overcast!


My world has no color! I went on a search for my photo of the day but it was so cloudy everything was gray. I will post this photo of a 6ft tall aloe plant for my POD. This plant is so prehistoric looking, I thought it was an interesting subject.

I am bit artistically challenged at the moment. I keep trying to scrapbook but its not there. I have this buzzing in my ear to decorate my front room, formally the Lego spot, but I am at a loss. Maybe I am burnt from the holidays. I feel internally distracted.

I had a playdate this morning. She gave me a photography lesson, which was helpful in overcoming my fear of the manual settings on my camera. I still live in my hometown which makes it hard for me to meet new people, especially creative craft people like myself. My biggest lesson for the day, however, was not to drink to much coffee before I am going to take pictures. I was shaking like a leaf.

8 comments:

Kay said...

Very cool plant! It does look prehistoric!

Unknown said...

Sometimes overcast days can be our friend! For instance it did force you to have to dive into manual mode? (maybe?) Also, sometimes colors seem deeper under overcast skies.

Kudos to you for going out and getting such a cool shot when you weren't really feeling creative!

Teresa said...

I like this plant photo - it reminds me of my mom's yard in New Mexico. Thanks for the quick vacation from our snowfall today!

cristina said...

i actually shot a row of aloes today but decided not to use them as my potd. i like the isolation of this one. good job!

Krissynae said...

My grandmother had these plants in her yard but I can not remember the name. The have sprout that grows up from the center and drops off babies. Watch out for the points that are sharp. Great picture

lissac67 said...

I think you did a great job! I had a cloudy day today, too.

Amanda said...

Cool shot! it reminds me of Hawaii. We had a HUGE one of these in our backyard.( it eventually died before we left)

Cindi Koceich said...

oooh...I'd love to have an aloe plant! I think it's a fun and funky pic!!

Technorati Profile